Thursday, October 29, 2009

Ladies FRA Bronze!!

Monday, 19 October 2009

I just wanted to say a huge well done and thank you to the Keswick Ladies Team at the FRA..... Pippa, Suzy, Sheila, Cat and Jo you were all fab. But I wanted to thank Cat most of all, my team partner for leg 3, the nav...... she was truly amazing at navigating us both, dragging me round the route blindly stumbling having absolutely no idea where we were or where we were going! My map was firmly scrunched in my left hand for the whole 1.31mins of running, the right grasping the dibber! The route took us into the sheepfolds, through marsh and bogs, over crags, then up over Gavel, through horrendous heather tussocks which nearly broke both ankles,to a fence post, round Blake Fell, all the time I was trying desperately to keep up with Cat in near zero visisbilty, the yellow vest a beacon ahead!!! Then up onto Sharp Knott, before decending to the forest and the track to the finish..... we were overtaken by the pursuing ladies (think Calder Valley here.... sorry my ankles only just managed the descent and kept giving way on the fast track route in. So Cat you were the star on leg 3..... and helped the team win 3rd place!!! Thanks for putting up with me, and I will be trying even harder over the winter months to get faster, fitter to keep up with you next year!!! Maybe??!!!

Hope this gets onto the blog.... have had a few technical hitches!

No comments: