Monday, May 24, 2010

Glaramara - Sun May 23

62 runners toed the start line for this classic race on what was a gloriously sunny day (bit warm for racing I thought though). 5m / 2100' takes the runners to the summit and back from Glaramara Adventure Centre in Borrowdale. What a superb little race, can't believe I have never done it before. My intention to "keep up" with someone who knew the descent failed and I hopped and skipped down some terrific bouldery bits, interspersed with some fabulous fast running when I did catch sight of some coloured vests ahead. Then a final sprint across some fields and up the road to the finish. This followed swiftly by a much needed dip in the river.

Keswick took a handful of prizes again - well done to everyone there. Not an easy race but certainly worth doing.

Danny Hope (P&B) won the mens and Judy Howells (Wharfedale) the ladies race. Full results to follow.

No comments: