Monday, March 3, 2008

Trail shoes advice

I knew it - let the podriatrist lose with his camera and in a jiffy I pronate. So now I need orthotics and (mild) anti-pronation running shoes. I've got the former, and a new pair of road shoes (NB 857s). Next I need some anti-pronation trail shoes. John mentions the Montrail shoes on this site. And I see on the internet that the Asics Gel Trabuco X WR and the Brooks Trail Addiction seem to fit the bill. Any advice/recommendations, anyone? (I've still got my Inov8 Mudclaws for the fells, but I don't think they have enough cushioning for the mixed road/trail runs around Keswick.) Cheers. Quentin

4 comments:

Steve Hebblethwaite said...

I couldn't offer much advice regarding suitability for pronators, but I find my Montrails very comfortable. However with the extra support and cusioning an increase in weight is inevitable when they sponge up half a bog...but good for dry trails, i wore mine for the skiddaw last year...and superfeet fit quite snuggly inside them too.

john beetham said...

Your fell shoes with a pair of superfeet in them would be fine, they are perfect for mild pronators.

Chris K said...

Rumour has it Quentin has a new pair of shoes from an incredibly friendly outdoor shop in town! Saving his best pointy shoes for racing, and no his running gait video is not on 'You Tube'!

Quentin Merritt said...

Thanks to all for their advice - on this site and in person - inc some v helpful outdoor shop folk. Chris is right - I have some Salomon XA PRO 3D Ultras. They are v comfy and so far seem to be doing the trick - based on a mere 2 runs.