Friday, November 6, 2009

Garmin Forerunner 405

Thanks to Hayley for letting me borrow her Garmin 305 for the Cumbria Run, I am now hooked and I'm thinking of buying one! I've looked at the Garmin 405 on the web and it looks more like a watch. Does anyone use the 405 and if so, is it good, or am I just as well going for the 305? I'm not bothered about using the heart monitor, I just want the mileage and history, oh and the bleep of course! For some reason, it's made me believe I can run faster ha-ha

3 comments:

mds said...

The 405 is not as good in my opinion! Soosze has one -it only holds charge for a day. I brought a 205 - from map-warehouse.co.uk - only £100 and it's got training partner etc.

Quentin Merritt said...

I think Dunc might also have the 405, Diane. Why not ask him at trianing next week? When I first got my 305 I found it a bit cumbersome, but I've got used to it now. The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't show the real time (ie GMT), which is a pain when you want to check how long it is before the start of a race. Actually, it does, but not on the main screen, and the numbers are so small I can barely read them. But maybe your eyes are better than mine? :)

Diane Shaw said...

Thanks folks. I will ask Dunc on Tuesday. I know what you mean about not seeing the real time Quentin! Before the half marathon I had to keep on asking Mary what time it was. Very annoying for her I imagine!