Monday, November 9, 2009

Barrow x-country 13/12/09

Is anyone else thinking of going to Barrow for the x-country county champs? if we get enough strong runners we could have a shot at a team prize. Teams of 3 in each age category needed senior men & women, and masters men & women (over 35's). Also under 20's and other jnr categories. Also the chance for some of you fast guys to get selected for the inter-county champs in March. Let me know if you are interested, Trudy and I are considering it so we could arrange car-shares.

4 comments:

Steve Hebblethwaite said...

I'm coming down. I ran last years County Championship race the day after a 10K -I'd like to have a go this year without tired legs. The standard was pretty good last year, Barrow & Furness Striders had a good team...and I agree -there's lads at the club who should look to get selected for Cumbria for the Inter-Counties.

I can take a car too.

Ian Davies said...

Yes, I'll probably be travelling down for this also John; starting to get into this X-Country malarkey.

If the numbers justify it we may be able to organise a Club minibus.

Dunc Overton said...

Don't forget to pre-enter - the form is on the Clubweb. A minibus is sanctioned if required.
Cheers, Dunc

mds said...

i wouln't mind a shot at this - although it's only a week after the luton marathon. On a non-sellafield day it'll be quicker to go over cold and corney fell from the West.

Dunc - do the masters have an inter-counties?