Saturday, February 2, 2008

Blake's Heaven and John and Trudy's run

Well I'm now full of cold after my first fell race of the year! Typical! What a fantastic course and a good show from Keswick AC with Pippa showing us girls how to do it in fine style! Well done lady! Lets hope for a great year ahead for everyone.

After much deliberation, John and I thought the best way to celebrate our wedding with you all would, of course, be a run. It's now on the club calendar for Sunday 23rd March. Hope you can all make it and come for a social in the Scafell afterwards.


Hooray for fell running!
Trudy

6 comments:

Chris K said...

Ah well its just a cold - if you'd been a man you realise it would have been Flu! Well done at Blake, hope you'll wait for some slow ones on your run. Just think if John had been spelt with a 'G' it could have been the 'G&T' run!

Trudy said...

Maybe we could make it more interesting (and more like a wedding) and have a swift G&T before the run!!! No no, not really. sob... If John had been a Gohn it would be appropriate as I'm always chasing after him on the fells and sometimes he has Gohn!!! I think I can claim the first really naff joke on the blog for that one!!!! byee

Chris K said...

But surely none of us trained athletes drink anyway, do we? ;-) Yes it gets my vote for the worst joke - only so far though!

Steve Hebblethwaite said...

Q. Why did the raisin go out with the prune?
A. Because he couldn't find a date.

...Ladies and gentlemen, I think we have a new winner.

Chris K said...

Mmmm possibly... but only so far, I'm sure someone will come up with another contender!

Chris K said...

Well what a lovely sociable event this was, especially with sunshine and snow! A run report for the next newsletter anybody?