Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Speds 3 Peaks

You may have seen the report in the members section for the 2013 running of this event in which I asked about history of the event prior to 1993.
From a quick check of my old newsletters I see that I organised an event from our shop in the square in 88 and 89 which did Lonscale and Skiddaw House area. Then it looks like 1990 saw the inaugural running doing the clockwise route based on a training route used by Barrow House workers Jon Broxap and Pete Barron. Seems like Nigel Lanaghan took off from the group up Latrigg and it has been competitive ever since. 4 names appear on this years results that were on the first one. Namely Steve Harwood, Keith Loan, Simon Booth and Sped.
If you haven't made the effort give it a try next year [25th running] -- test the capacity and cake making of our flat! An extra dozen will see us over the 50 mark ,but I'm sure we can do even better than that!
Sped

No comments: