Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Stuart Pyper's 10 marathons in 10 days

In May I’ll be taking part in the Brathay 10 in 10 challenge – that’s ten marathons in ten days, from the 11th to the 20th, with the last day taking place alongside the ‘official’ Windermere Marathon. I’m raising funds for the Brathay Trust itself, in order that they can continue doing the work they do with disadvantaged young people across the country.

Having not been a particularly active club member (that’s probably an understatement, but then I’ve hardly been an active runner for the last couple of years, which is about the length of my club membership to date!) I appreciate that not many in the club will know me, but I’ll still be extremely grateful for any sponsorship anyone can offer, and I’ll be more than happy to get the chance to say hello to other club-members who may be running the marathon on Sunday. I’d say “run with” as well as “say hello to” but I can’t imagine what kind of pace I’ll be running for my tenth consecutive marathon, and it’s considerably more likely I’ll just be able to wave as they go by!

I have a just-giving page, here: http://www.justgiving.com/stuart-pyper
I’m blogging my thoughts and progress, here: http://www.brathaywindermeremarathon.org.uk/blog/stuart-pyper.aspx
And there’s more info on the event itself and the Brathay trust, here: http://www.brathaywindermeremarathon.org.uk/brathay-10-in-10.aspx
If you’ve got any questions you can either reach me on this email, or at stuart.pyper@jameswalker.biz or by phone on 07826 037678

Many, many thanks,
Stuart
stuart.pyper@btopenworld.com

No comments: