Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Joss Naylor Challenge August 8th

For those of you with long memories I completed the Joss Naylor Challenge 4 years ago as a mere stripling of 66. I'll be 70 in early August and want to celebrate by having another go. Members of Keswick AC supported me brilliantly last time (on the Kirkstone to Dunmail leg) and I'm hoping to recruit some helpers for this year as well. Please e-mail on rainer.burchett@talk21.com if you are interested.

A detailed schedule will be created in due course but the broad outline is to start at Pooley Bridge at 3 a.m. reach Kirkstone at 7 a.m. Dunmail at 10 a.m. Sty Head at 4 pm. and the finish at 10 p.m for a 19 hour finish.

And for anyone who is interested I completed my 29th consecutive London Marathon this year, now one of 21 "Ever-Presents" who have completed all the London Marathons.

All the best

Rainer Burchett

1 comment:

Pete Richards said...

Well done at London Rainer, good to see you still going.
8th August is going to be a special day for another club member ..... Pippa is tying the knot that day.