Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Lingmell Dash, Sat 26th July 14:00

For those who are getting sick of races where hundreds are involved, may I recommend the Lingmell Dash in Wasdale. A low-key and relaxed event the race starts from Wasdale Head and is a simple up and down affair - 2500ft of ascent and 4.5 miles long it's a testing enough run; quite a steep climb and a bit of technical rock-hopping at the top required. Those who enjoy quick descents will like this!

A bit of a way to travel but I'm going along. If anyone fancies it and wants a lift from Keswick, I'll be looking to leave around midday. I can be contacted on iandavversdavies@yahoo.co.uk

3 comments:

Edis said...

Matthew and I shall be joining in, should be fun. If there is a team prize we should stand a chance.

Ian Davies said...

Very good. I'm not sure if there is a team prize as it so low-key. Even I made the top-ten last year!?!?
But there were some good runners out so hopefully there will be some this time to keep you Youth Hostel lads honest (R. Jebb set the record in 2007).
Aside from my email I can be contacted on my mobile (07789 234788) regarding car share but be warned, I've recently moved home and don't get any mobile reception where I am. So if I don't answer I'm not ignoring you!

Ian Davies said...

My Machiavellian attempt at getting some more KAC members on the start line seemed to have worked. I perhaps neglected to mention how indistinguishable the top of Lingmell is in mist and just how rocky the conditions are.

Matt & Chris were having excellent runs (2nd and 3rd respectively behind winner Lloyd Taggert) but lost their bearings on the top. Finished 4th (CE) and 6th (MF) I think.

Keith Loan was also enjoying the baking hot conditions and had to endure most of the descent with only one shoe when the other disintegrated.

Chris Knox also decided to turn up and endure the "relatively" steep climb in warm conditions.

No results as yet but once I have them I'll cobble together a report for the local press. In the meantime, there are photos at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28970582@N02/sets/