Sunday, March 20, 2011

Assoication of Running Clubs

The Association of Running Clubs (ARC) has sent me (as Club Sec) some promotional info, trying to persuade us to affiliate with them rather than England Atheltics (EA). I have scanned the info they sent me and saved it as a PDF file. I can't figure out how to upload it to the blog but would be happy to email it to anyone who wants to read it. (q.merritt@tiscali.co.uk) Does anyone have any views on the pros and cons of the ARC as compared with EA?

1 comment:

Steve Hebblethwaite said...

I'd like to see the PDF please.

If there are perceived benefits from being affiliated to the ARC, then is it possible to be affiliated to BOTH the ARC and EA?

Given that EA/UKA licence the majority of races and competitions, wont most folk end up having to pay an unattatched levy on most race entries?

I noticed that the NOEAA 12 stage relays held last weekend was open only to EA registered clubs. This is a competition in which it would be nice to see the club compete, certainly the 6 stage incarnation in September.

Also, as a race organiser, am I right in thinking Keswick AC rely upon EA/UKA for public liability insurance cover? Is this just in regard to the road races we organise, or does it extend to other times -during training? What would be the alternatives to cover provided by EA/UKA?